Sunday, May 23, 2010
Two in one night, why not...
Through my grieving process, I have found that putting the "whys" and "what ifs" to rest have helped me tremendously. I feel those were the roadblocks I needed to move, to come to "accept" Kolby's death.
In accepting* Kolby's death, I am able to focus on the love I have for Kolby and the memories I will hold forever. I have also freed myself of self-punishment. In that, I mean, I know I deserve happiness and love.
* "Accepting" does not mean my love for Kolby has changed, it just means I know I can't change the situation. So now, I'm figuring out my new life without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a graceful inspiration. :)
ReplyDeleteMiranda above is right!
ReplyDeleteWe love you Ash! And, YES, you deserve happiness and love and Kolby would want that for you and Claire. You continue to amaze us as you grow in acceptance with such grace.
All OUR love, Dana
Amazing thoughts, Ashley. You are really an inspiration.
ReplyDelete